Blue1 is a Finnish airline which has been a part of the SAS Group since 1998. Our business is wet lease operations, with the primary task of delivering operational flight services for airlines, tour operators and for other ad hoc flight needs, both long-term and short.
High quality with cost-efficiency
As a wet lease airline, Blue1 focuses on delivering operational excellence and high-quality customized services. Our production platform of modern Boeing 717-200 jet aircraft enables cost-efficient operations across Europe, the Nordic countries, the Baltic states and Russia. Blue1’s 300 employees are actively involved in the everyday lives of thousands of air travelers. Our aim is to provide on-time operations with a strong, customer-focused perspective.
- A Finnish airline based in Helsinki. Established in 1988.
- A wholly owned subsidiary of the SAS Group since 1998.
- 300 employees
- Operations under Finnish AOC
- 9 Boeing 717 aircraft
- Technical operations at Helsinki Airport
- IOSA registered
- ISO 14001 certified operations
- Member of IATA (KF) and ERAA
- ICAO code BLF
Safety – always a top priority
Safety and security are Blue1’s highest priorities. Blue1 works systematically to improve safety at all levels of the organization. Blue1 is IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) registered, requiring approval by IATA every second year. Blue1 became the first (IATA) airline in Finland to receive IOSA registration in 2006.
- Safety and security
Blue1 takes its responsibility for the environment and society seriously. A committed role of interest groups is of high importance in running Blue1, and in its code of conduct, values, and daily work processes. As a member of the SAS Group, Blue1 carries out its social responsibilities with regard to the economy, society, and the environment.
Environmental consideration ever-present in our operations
Blue1 was one of the first airlines in the Nordic countries to pass the ISO 14001 environmental audit. Blue1 takes an active part in reducing the environmental impact of air travel and works together with the SAS Group for a new environmental strategy. The focus is on reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 20% in 2015 compared with 2005.
Blue1 Environmental Policy
- Blue1 will contribute to sustainable development by optimizing resource use and minimizing the environmental impact in all of its operations.
- Blue1’s environmental goals are based on constant improvement and prevention of pollution.
- Blue1 will comply with applicable environmental legislation and other environmental requirements.
- Blue1 environmental objectives and targets shall be ambitious and shall be defined on long-term and short-term basis.
- The objectives and targets shall be set and reviewed annually and continuously followed up and integrated in Blue1’s management system.
- Blue1 Environmental Policy shall be communicated to all personnel and shall be made available to the public.